Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Bone In Ribeye Steaks

bigdogk9bigdogk9 Posts: 69
I had a ribeye loin cut today with bone in. They are one inch thick and end up being 13 of them. I've been on forum for long time but have never posted much although I'm on it every night getting ideas from others. I have 2 xl's and 1 small egg. Any suggestions on how to cook them would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Comments

• buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,296
    With a camera, IMO.
    NOLA
  • This recipe is for boneless but I think it would work very well for bone-in: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1158232/new-ribeye-cook-from-adam-perry-lang-book
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,742
    Hot tub them my friend. Ah guaronteee

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I bought dizzy pig shakin the tree, raising the steaks, and pineapple head at the egg dealer the other day. I just don't want to mess these up!!!!
  • HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    You must be old enough to remember Justin Wilson!!

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,924
    All at one time?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I'm gonna do 6 tomorrow night!!!
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,924
    Reverse sear. .
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    henapple said:
    Reverse sear. .

Little thin for that bud.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

I thought that was Chef Paul Prudhomme

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,750
    I'm with LS.

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 3,942
    I have a large and a small. When I do steaks I season with a Montreal steak seasoning. I get the small up to about 700-800 and sear the $hit out of them. Go about 90 seconds aside rotating half way through, or don't rotate it doesn't matter on taste . Just for appearance. After searing both sides I take them off the small and throw them on the preheated (300-325) large egg and finish to desired internal temp. Let rest for about 10 mins before cutting.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Thanks for all the suggestions.
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    What temp do you like your steak cooked to? I would go with the ninety second sear on both sides.
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,296
    I thought that was Chef Paul Prudhomme
    wrong
    NOLA
  • I like a medium but the wife and girls like well down which hurts my feelings!!!! They also use A1.
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 8,135
    edited January 2014
    bigdogk9 said:
    I like a medium but the wife and girls like well down which hurts my feelings!!!! They also use A1.

"If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,095
    Darn it, no in-process pics.  Most steaks cooked at one time for me.  Two tier, raised direct, at 400.  EVOO and Montreal rub.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• I've got more pictures!!!! Just learning to post pictures so taking me a bit!!!!
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,095
    shtgunal3 said:
    I have a large and a small. When I do steaks I season with a Montreal steak seasoning. I get the small up to about 700-800 and sear the $hit out of them. Go about 90 seconds aside rotating half way through, or don't rotate it doesn't matter on taste . Just for appearance. After searing both sides I take them off the small and throw them on the preheated (300-325) large egg and finish to desired internal temp. Let rest for about 10 mins before cutting.
    I have done very close to the same thing on the XL, with lump just piled up in the back and an indirect zone in the front.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• billyraybillyray Posts: 1,144
    edited January 2014
    bigdogk9 said:
    I had a ribeye loin cut today with bone in. They are one inch thick and end up being 13 of them. I've been on forum for long time but have never posted much although I'm on it every night getting ideas from others. I have 2 xl's and 1 small egg. Any suggestions on how to cook them would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Not sure I understand. The rib primal only has 7 ribs, how did you get 13? Are some of them boneless? Also the rib primal and the loin primal are 2 separate pieces. From the short loin you get New Yorks and filets if you bone it out or t-bones and porterhouses if you leave the bone in. I guess if had the rib primal and loin primal sliced up you would get that many.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
  • I had a ribeye loin cut today with bone in. They are one inch thick and end up being 13 every night getting ideas from others. I have 2 xl's and 1 small egg. Any suggestions on how to cook them would be greatly appre None are boneless. But I honestly can't answer your question. I told the butcher what I wanted and I got 13 bone in rib eyes!!!! Not sure I understand. The rib primal only has 7 ribs, how did you get 13? Are some of them boneless?