Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how many people have you converted into BGE owners?

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
I got my large over 3 years ago.  Since then, I have been directly responsible for bringing 3 new Eggheads into this world!  One of my good friend just told me he finally made the purchase after years of obsessing over my egg - so pumped!  

So I am curious . . . how many converts are you responsible for? 
Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    I am responsible for at least five converts from something else to a BGE.

I am also responsible for three converts from BGE to Komodo Kamado.

Things just seemed to happen that way.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• insaneh
    insaneh Posts: 112
    Options
    No one yet. I've had it since last summer. Everyone that's sampled have made inquiries.

Dead smack in the middle of NH
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Cymbaline65
    Options
    I'm a convert... Oddly enough I never cooked anything. I browned meat or cooked chicken In a George Foreman.. My wife is happy because I do 99% of the cooking now. Even if it's not on the Bge.. It gave me the experience to follow recipes and try complex flavors. So I'm a convert to Bge.. But its much more then that. Lots of my friends revel at the Bge but not can afford it nor see the point in buying a grill that they say they will only use a few times in the summer.
    That's my story too. My neighbor across the street bought a Kamado Joe as it was $200 less than a similar sized BGE. Most everyone else just says "too expensive" or "why buy one when we can eat from yours." Most everyone is impressed but don't want to take the plunge.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Options
    I've got about 5 folks that have purchased one at least partly due to me.  Biggest objection is cost, but when compared to a higher end gasser that is $1000-$1500+, it puts it in context. 
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    None, my friends are too cheep.  :-\"

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Options
    I converted my Mom over Christmas...picked it up last weekend.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    A bunch
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cortguitarman
    Options
    1 convert and 1 on the way. The second is waiting to sell his house, he got upside down when the housing bubble burst and has been relocated to so he is currently renting a house and paying his old mortgage. He is putting his house on the market in the spring and says an egg will be his housewarming gift when he buys his next house.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
  • jscarfo
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    Options
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I found a used large egg on Craigslist that I regifted to my parents for Christmas a few years back. Dad hasn't touched the gasser since. Mom's intimidated by it and still uses the gasser

People around here in the Midwest use their grill 3-4 months a year. Now how many times in that time window do they actually fire up a grill? Not much. So most can't justify the price and little use it would get. I probably look like an idiot drinking beer and grilling in -25 degree weather. Sure beats Stove Top and mystery hot dish the neighbors are eating!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • terry_b
    terry_b Posts: 68
    Options
    I converted my Boss at work
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    Four on two years.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    I wish there was a way to figure out how many people I've converted since I fell in love with the Egg around '98.  The product, the company, and the food it puts really makes people want to spread the word about the Egg.

Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I wish there was a way to figure out how many people I've converted since I fell in love with the Egg around '98.  The product, the company, and the food it puts really makes people want to spread the word about the Egg.

Cheers!
    Chris
    I would like to see both our commission cheques
    ;)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• chainsaw19
    Options
    4 and 1/2. One bought a Primo so taking partial credit since it is in same family of ceramic cookers.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    None, they just come to my house and drink beer while I cook and then eat my food. I like it though so I am not complaining
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    One so far. One more has started shopping.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DIAD
    DIAD Posts: 187
    Options
    I have a friend who should be buying one by the end of the week.
    Chester, MD
  • golfandgrill
    Options
    2 people for me, my brother and a good friend.
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    I am in Sales for a living and our goal is to "create raving fans" that will help sell your product through referrals, etc. etc.  It amazes me how well the BGE does when it comes to evangelism marketing.  Similar to Apple with the Iphone, every person who buys an Egg becomes part of the sales force.  I wish I could develop a product that sells itself that well!  

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • 30yearegger
    Options
    One, I gave my old Imperial Kamado to my buddy and now he wants a Large.
    Easley SC Go! Tigers
  • Zuma
    Zuma Posts: 50
    Options
    3 for me.   Friends and a son-in-law.   We all love it.