Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Redneck Sous Vide part trois: Sunday's Flat Iron Steak

Options
I thought I'd give my Redneck Sous Vide another try - this time with a Flat Iron Steak. Rubbed with Dizzy Pig Cosmic Cow and SV in the cooler at 120 deg for about 1.5hrs. Started out by grill wokking some veggies and roasting some Fingerling potatoes in garlic and butter. The veggies were wokked at 375 direct, then the fire ring removed, CI dropped and took the temp to 700 deg for 2 min per side. Served up with a Garlic, Shallot, Parsley butter. Well worth the effort.
In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    You are getting good at this ;).  It looks incredible again.  The garlic, shallot, parsley spread is over the top and the veggies look great as well.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Cymbaline65
    Options

Thanks, SmokeyPitt. You would think after 25 yrs of egging I'd finally get something right! BTW, the Shallot butter stuff is now the family favorite. You should try it.

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating