Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simultaneous dual rib cut cook?

Looking over the meat case at my HEB plus I found a package of meaty beef finger ribs. Unfortunately, they only had the one package so I grabbed a package of cross cut beef ribs to cook with it. I am planning to long slow cook the finger ribs like I would pork ribs (several hours/Shiners) but I don't know when to put the cross cut ribs on. Note to all: I have never cooked either kind of beef ribs. I have had rave reviews of my pork ribs, but beef is new. Having never cooked the big beef ribs my plan was to put them on early and cook at ~225 until the meat starts to fall off when I poke it.

I was thinking what I'll do is put one cross cut on when I put the finger ribs on so I can see how long the single takes and use that to tell me when to put the rest on. I need to know from y'all if the cross cuts are going to take as long, because I don't want to get 4 hours into my cook and find out I should have put the cross cuts on two hours earlier so they are all done at the sameish time.

As always, thanks to the community. My relatives are now getting to the point that they ask "Are you using the egg this Christmas/July 4th/Memorial Day/Labor Day/...?"

Comments