Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jack Daniels Blocks..

Options
Just picked these up at Bass Pro. Anyone ever use the blocks? I haven't opened the pack yet but they all look to be around 3-4 inches tall/wide and 1 or so thick.
Green Eggin' in Lafayette, Louisiana

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    My son got me some chips for Christmas, but I haven't used them yet. I don't like booze in my food (wine is good though) so I'm hoping these impart more wood than alcohol flavor.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Haven't seen or used the blocks but do use the JD chips all the time with beef cooks-turns out eggcellent.  Nice smell when you open the bag!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    I used the chips when I smoked my brisket for New Years. It had a great flavor. I've never seen the blocks.
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Options
    Should be great. No alcohol flavor, just wonderful Oak smoke flavor.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • brimee
    brimee Posts: 127
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Haven't seen or used the blocks but do use the JD chips all the time with beef cooks-turns out eggcellent.  Nice smell when you open the bag!
    I agree, use the chips all the time...
    Brian
    Fairview, Texas
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Same here.  Have a bag of the chips as well.  Smoked my last brisket with them.  They smell wonderful out of the bag.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio