Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Made some pulled chicken sandwiches for dinner

jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,525
Used chicken quarters, bought 10 lbs at Walmart today for $6. There were 13, these represent about $2 worth of chicken so pretty economical ;) The ciabatta bread and Sticky Fingers Carolina Classic sauce went great with it.imageimageimageimage
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,048
    Sure looks good from here
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,623
    Nice
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • rholtrholt Posts: 380
    What makes them pulled vs grilled chicken quarters? Are they foiled at some time thru the cook to make them pull easier?
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,525
    rholt said:
    What makes them pulled vs grilled chicken quarters? Are they foiled at some time thru the cook to make them pull easier?
    No, I just pulled them apart after cooking them, easy.  Raised direct 375-400 for about 45 min. or so till 180, turned twice.  Seasoned with Central BBQ shake seasoning(a memphis joint) after de-boning and pulling apart.  
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 7,033
    I love me some pulled BBQ chicken sammies. Looks real good!!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • GoVolsGoVols Posts: 206
    Good looking yard walker sammiches
    Tim Rickman,Tn.