Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just noticed this the other day, not sure when it happened

I think it may have been New Years Eve, I was cooking all day at temps around 400 and then deep fried in the wok with the lid open so it must have gotten pretty hot.  I have moved my Egg over to the left a little to allow space between that first board.  There used to be space there but I guess my board warped a little.  I'm just glad it didn't all go down in flames, that would have sucked.image
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Lucky...

I would have a bigger gap between the boards and the side of the egg just to be safe
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,966
    I'd pull that bad boy out and re cut the hole. You're damn lucky...ask centex. Maybe line the hole with a high temp gasket?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,780
    henapple said:
    I'd pull that bad boy out and re cut the hole. You're damn lucky...ask centex. Maybe line the hole with a high temp gasket?
    Or raise the egg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jscarfojscarfo Posts: 405
    My small is built into a table . I'm always worried about it cause it moves a little when I open and close it. How do u keep it from moving and leaning against the side
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,528
    henapple said:
    Or raise the egg
    I think that's what I'll do.  I could raise it a couple inches and get a good amount of space all around.  

I saw the pick of cen-tex's table.  Scary stuff.  
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,780
    If I could post some damn pics I could show you some scarier stuff than Cen-tex's

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,528
    If I could post some damn pics I could show you some scarier stuff than Cen-tex's
    I don't want to see X_X
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!