Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon - T-Rex style

I am thankful for a lot of things...my family, health, but one of the top thankful things of 2013 is my discovery of the Big Green Egg and this forum.

It's been six months that I've had the egg and I just love this new addiction!

Yesterday was my birthday and I wanted a treat. I've always eyed those USDA prime steaks at Costco but never had the balls to spend $40 with the risk
of over cooking them. Well, now with the help of my little green friend I know I could nail it. I have been utilizing the reverse sear technique but instead went for the T-Rex technique and I couldn't have been happier with the results. I also usually get the NY steak, but wanted to try the Filet Mignon, Peppercorn crusted style with a butter/blue cheese topping

The packet..

Warming up the peppercorn in olive oil, which softens the taste of the peppercorns to not overpower the meat

Peppercorn put in filet and had the filet stand for 30 minutes as I got the BGE going

Final part of the T-Rex method

Resting, here I added the butter/blue cheese mix

Plated ...

Comments