Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need ideas and pics of storage carts with staging areas

Options
Here's the scoop; I currently have an XL Egg that sits in a nest with mates. Santa brought me an AR Woo2 combo for Xmas and things are starting to pile up some. Besides having my BGE plate setter to store now, I also have extra grids and the Woo2 when not in use. I don't want a table for my Egg at this point because we know we are not going to reside at our current home for too terribly much longer and I figure I'd like to do it right and only once when we move into our next(and hopefully last) home. Anyway, I am wanting some type of cart on wheels with enough storage space underneath for my AR, Woo2, BGE plate setter, and extra grids when not in use. Plus, I'd like the top to be heat resistant so that I can use it as a staging area while doing my cooks. If I could find something on wheels I could roll it up next to my Egg during my cooks. Anyone have any suggestions? Otherwise, this might be something I have to build myself in order to get exactly what I need or want.
My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I've been thinking about doin the same thing. A nice rolling cart would be the ticket. So many accessories. I was thinking of buying a vanity from lowes. Reinforce the bottom with treated 3/4 plywood. Add some casters and a piece of granite for the top. Should be around 100$ maybe a little more but shoud only take an hour to put together. Ill be watching this thread
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Zuma
    Zuma Posts: 50
    Options
    This is not an idea but I have a table with some cheap casters on it.   Do yourself a favor and put some good casters on for ease of rolling around.  Mine stays outside and moisture may keep my cheaper casters a lil' rusty.  Just a thought.
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    My preference would be to have something that is somewhat weather proof. In case, I would want to leave it sitting out at times. Although, rolling it in and out of my garage and up to the house prolly wouldn't be too big of a hassle other than I have a gravel drive that I'd have to be rolling it through/across.
  • bettysnephew
    Options
    Open or enclosed storage?
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    Maybe enclosed
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Sam's Club has a fairly nice SS prep table with a wire shelf beneath.  I'm pretty sure the instruction sheet will have a place to get another shelf if needed and it wouldn't take too much design work to enclose it and put a door or two on the front.  A pal of mine bought a couple of the plastic bins and places them on the shelf to store his Eggcessories.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    I'm thinking I might just have to build one. Might be a really fun project that I could get really creative with! I'm envisioning some type of old stone or tile top with some very old or aged barn wood wrapped around on the sides. I plan to get good heavy casters under it to make it roll around easier. Just going to have to be careful that the end result doesn't get too big and heavy that I can't easily move it around!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I fixed up a Jack Daniels barrel with shelves and doors. ..Top had slate tile embedded in a round top that lifted off for additional access. Wheels would be easy. No pics as I sold it. With I'd Kept it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I am thinking about one of these with a natural stone top(since I have plenty remnants). image

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.