Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Holiday Egging

Options
Nothing like the holidays with the Egg. After reading the posts about the reverse sear method I decided to give it a to with the bone in rib roast. Enjoyed some nice Lagunitas during the cook and a very nice Pinot with the meat. Used a butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary rub on the meat. Cooked the meat at 250-270 until it was 112 and then goosed the Egg to 600. I seared each side for 90 seconds or so and then let it rest for 20 minutes. The final temp was 132 and it was just perfect for my family's liking. Santa's neoprene gloves came in very handy when turning the meat over on the sear! Anyway, thanks for all the postings about the reverse sear. Will most certainly be doing that again!

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Very nice cook
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.