Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Need Gift Idea for A Green Egger Who Has Everything

My friend encouraged me to buy my Egg and I cook on it all the time.  It's his birthday and I need to get him a Green Egg related gift or something for his Egg.  Give me some good ideas, please.  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• billyraybillyray Posts: 1,144
    Anything from Ceramic Grill Store, a custom handle with his name or a cute saying. Maybe an OU handle :))
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
  • BotchBotch Posts: 5,798
    A bigger garage.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Meat
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Botch--his garage is full of home brewed beer.  Why do you think he's such a good friend.  Come on, give me something.
  • Any quality rub, sauce, wood chips or charcoal
  • billyray said:
    Anything from Ceramic Grill Store, a custom handle with his name or a cute saying. Maybe an OU handle :))

cutest saying for handle ever: "It's 7:16pm and OU still sucks" :)) I kid, I kid Brisket Bob.......sort of.
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE &1 MiniMax BGE
    1- Large BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    Roccbox-Blackstone 36
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • billyray:  He's is Austin.  I don't think so....
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,528
    If you have a Wegman's near by, they still had some USDA Prime CAB Prime Rib roasts. If anyone wants to get me a belated birthday present, about an 8 pounder would be nice.
  • Same to you Cen-Tex

Been a rough few years BB. It's sad that all I have left is lobbing jabs on a cooking forum to people I don't even know that I'm sure are perfectly fine human beings with a clearly superior football program. god that made me throw up a little.........
    1- Large BGE
    Roccbox-Blackstone 36
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,476
    I love the handle idea but a new cookbook would be good. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Cen-Tex, apology accepted.  Mack's departure was a sad day in Oklahoma football history. ;>]]
  • Cen-Tex, apology accepted.  Mack's departure was a sad day in Oklahoma football history. ;>]]

I'm sure it was.
    1- Large BGE
    Roccbox-Blackstone 36
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,194
    I believe anything that is personalized and heartfelt bypasses anything money can buy. Like the op said, a handle, maybe an apron. My mother in law has gotten into the "homemade crafts festivals" circuit and therefore I've been dragged into several. There's LOTS of local to anyone crafters that make home made items. ( my wife just gave me a set of salt and pepper grinders carved out of some exotic wood, and I love them!) Maybe this: http://www.madeitmyself.com/item-detail.aspx?itemid=99332
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • No kidding.  I went to school in Texas. By the way, I've decided to get my buddy a gift card at his favorite BBQ equipment place in Austin.  It's just simpler that way.
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 5,755

Register him for this site.  What could be better than knowing us?

(Sorry, I know you are looking for actual help)

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:

Register him for this site.  What could be better than knowing us?

(Sorry, I know you are looking for actual help)

so true- I'm lovely at parties and christenings.
    1- Large BGE
    Roccbox-Blackstone 36
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 9,976
    I think buying him some quality meat is a great idea. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,599
    My friend encouraged me to buy my Egg and I cook on it all the time.  It's his birthday and I need to get him a Green Egg related gift or something for his Egg.  Give me some good ideas, please.  Thanks in advance.

Just tell him will be glad to give him free tickets to Salado EggFest in March so he can get yo know CenTex.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• I was thinking you should get him some Rockwood or Ozark Oak Lump. Then maybe find him some good smoking chunks of wood like Pecan, Apple, Misquote, Hickory, or Cherry. An Egger can always use fuel for their fire!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • Mickey said:

Just tell him will be glad to give him free tickets to Salado EggFest in March so he can get yo know CenTex.

the gift that keeps on giving......just ask janell
    1- Large BGE
    Roccbox-Blackstone 36
  • BotchBotch Posts: 5,798
    Botch--his garage is full of home brewed beer.  Why do you think he's such a good friend.  Come on, give me something.

Well, it sounds then like he needs TWO bigger garages!  (and a second friend from Utard)  
    :D

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • billybonbillybon Posts: 213
    Botch--his garage is full of home brewed beer.  Why do you think he's such a good friend.  Come on, give me something.
    You could let me create a custom ceramic damper top for his egg.