Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Gift Idea for A Green Egger Who Has Everything

Options
My friend encouraged me to buy my Egg and I cook on it all the time.  It's his birthday and I need to get him a Green Egg related gift or something for his Egg.  Give me some good ideas, please.  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    Anything from Ceramic Grill Store, a custom handle with his name or a cute saying. Maybe an OU handle :))
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    A bigger garage.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Meat
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• BrisketBob
    Options
    Botch--his garage is full of home brewed beer.  Why do you think he's such a good friend.  Come on, give me something.
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    Any quality rub, sauce, wood chips or charcoal
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    billyray said:
    Anything from Ceramic Grill Store, a custom handle with his name or a cute saying. Maybe an OU handle :))

cutest saying for handle ever: "It's 7:16pm and OU still sucks" :)) I kid, I kid Brisket Bob.......sort of.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • BrisketBob
    Options
    billyray:  He's is Austin.  I don't think so....
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    If you have a Wegman's near by, they still had some USDA Prime CAB Prime Rib roasts. If anyone wants to get me a belated birthday present, about an 8 pounder would be nice.
    Options
    Same to you Cen-Tex
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Same to you Cen-Tex

Been a rough few years BB. It's sad that all I have left is lobbing jabs on a cooking forum to people I don't even know that I'm sure are perfectly fine human beings with a clearly superior football program. god that made me throw up a little.........
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    I love the handle idea but a new cookbook would be good. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • BrisketBob
    Options
    Cen-Tex, apology accepted.  Mack's departure was a sad day in Oklahoma football history. ;>]]
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Cen-Tex, apology accepted.  Mack's departure was a sad day in Oklahoma football history. ;>]]

I'm sure it was.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I believe anything that is personalized and heartfelt bypasses anything money can buy. Like the op said, a handle, maybe an apron. My mother in law has gotten into the "homemade crafts festivals" circuit and therefore I've been dragged into several. There's LOTS of local to anyone crafters that make home made items. ( my wife just gave me a set of salt and pepper grinders carved out of some exotic wood, and I love them!) Maybe this: http://www.madeitmyself.com/item-detail.aspx?itemid=99332
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • BrisketBob
    Options
    No kidding.  I went to school in Texas. By the way, I've decided to get my buddy a gift card at his favorite BBQ equipment place in Austin.  It's just simpler that way.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options

Register him for this site.  What could be better than knowing us?

(Sorry, I know you are looking for actual help)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Register him for this site.  What could be better than knowing us?

(Sorry, I know you are looking for actual help)

so true- I'm lovely at parties and christenings.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I think buying him some quality meat is a great idea. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    My friend encouraged me to buy my Egg and I cook on it all the time.  It's his birthday and I need to get him a Green Egg related gift or something for his Egg.  Give me some good ideas, please.  Thanks in advance.

Just tell him will be glad to give him free tickets to Salado EggFest in March so he can get yo know CenTex.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RickyBobby
    Options
    I was thinking you should get him some Rockwood or Ozark Oak Lump. Then maybe find him some good smoking chunks of wood like Pecan, Apple, Misquote, Hickory, or Cherry. An Egger can always use fuel for their fire!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Mickey said:

Just tell him will be glad to give him free tickets to Salado EggFest in March so he can get yo know CenTex.

the gift that keeps on giving......just ask janell
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Botch--his garage is full of home brewed beer.  Why do you think he's such a good friend.  Come on, give me something.

Well, it sounds then like he needs TWO bigger garages!  (and a second friend from Utard)  
    :D

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• billybon
    billybon Posts: 213
    Options
    You could let me create a custom ceramic damper top for his egg.