Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which reference book on curing meats?

Options
If you were to buy one reference book on curing meats and Charcuterie, which would it be?

I bought my son "Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing" by Ruhlman, et al for Christmas and it appears to be a good book but wanting to have a book at my disposal as well.  Should I buy myself this one or another?   I see a couple of others on Amazon with 5 star reviews.

Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
"If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Charcuterie is great, but if your focus is cured meats I would look at Salumi by the same authors.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    I have that one as well and while it is recognized as the go to bible by many people I find it lacking in step by step recipes you normally find in great cook books.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Looper
    Looper Posts: 44
    Options

We have Charcuterie and would recommend it.  Just today we started curing pork belly using the book's maple bacon recipe.  We've done it a few times before and its the best bacon we've ever had. The sausage recipes are also very good. 

• BoomerTheWeim
    Options
    +1 Charcuterie
    Clayton, NC

Large BGE, Mini BGE, Two Weimaraners