Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 inch steaks

Topper
Topper Posts: 15
how to do medium rare steaks that are 2 inches thick rib eyes
also i need to do 2 inch rib eyes that are well done

some help please

Comments

• Cook them indirect at about 350 until they are about 20 degrees from your desired done temp. Remove the steaks and get the egg as hot as you can and get the cooking grid as low as you can. Sear the steaks for about 1 min a side. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • CP92
    CP92 Posts: 317
    Hopefully you have a thermometer.  If not, you might want to pick one up in the near future.  Thermapen comes highly recommended. Do a search on here and you'll find plenty of info on them.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Cook them indirect at about 350 until they are about 20 degrees from your desired done temp. Remove the steaks and get the egg as hot as you can and get the cooking grid as low as you can. Sear the steaks for about 1 min a side. 
    I like to do the opposite (but we have the same idea). I go direct to get good sear marks. The put in the platesetter to and finish to a specific temp. Rest and serve.