Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DigiQ Problems

Options
I've had my DigiQ now for about 2 years and like to think that I've taken pretty good care of it; however, I have used it a ton.
For some reason today when I was prepping for the rib roast I decided to see how accurate my probes were-
Grid probe was perfect at 212 in boiling water but the food probe tapped out at 206...
Just wondering if anyone has had to replace probes after heavy use or should I be concerned there is something wrong with the computer.
Thanks in advance

Matt

Pics of prime rib to come!
Large BGE
Memphis transplant by way of New Orleans. Who Dat.

Comments

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    I have had my DigiQ DX2 for almost a year now and have never had a problem except the meat probe I had to solder the connection at the male end where it plugs in to the unit I guess from heavy use the connection broke so I soldered it and all is good now 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • travisstrick
    Options
    My party q is just fine after use and abuse. The probes are much more resilient than my maverick.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.