Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody else grilling steaks on Christmas day?

Options
Going against our normal tradition this year. Grilling 5 one and a half inch ribeyes for our family. Everybody has bought in to the idea and are looking forward to it. No birds this year.
Eggo in N. MS

Comments

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    sounds good! I'm having a little snack myself...

In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Yes, planning to do some ribeye steaks tomorrow.. We may bake a quiche in the egg on x-mas day. I did ribs today and chicken the day before that. :)
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • laserdoc85
    Options
    cook them just like this. I made a brandy mushroom cream sauce to go with it. This was the best of the best,,,6 stars from the wife,,,,which is always hard to get from her

Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • laserdoc85
    Options
    cook them just like this. I made a brandy mushroom cream sauce to go with it. This was the best of the best,,,6 stars from the wife,,,,which is always hard to get from her
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Planning on some NY Strips tonight as long as the butcher still has some.

Garnerville, NY
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options

Yep.  Doing 1 1/4 inch T-bones - but not on the Egg.  We are getting together at my parents' house and we're going to use the grill that my grandfather trained me on - which is a wheelbarrow.  He preferred T-bones so that is what we are cooking.  We don't have the old drain grate that he used as a cooking surface so we will do them caveman style.  This is the 2nd year we have done this and I am hoping that my son and 2 nephews (ages 16-20) will ultimately carry some family tradition away from this.  My father is growing old very fast and this is almost certainly going to be his last Christmas.

I hope everybody has a safe and happy holicay season.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX