Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Smokeware

freduc2freduc2 Posts: 72
edited December 2013 in EggHead Forum
Using my new cap on this rainy PA day. For those of you that have it, do you use it all the time? Or just when it's raining or snowing?
LBGE, Weber Performer. Located in Franklin County Pa.

Comments

• dihtndihtn Posts: 222
    I use mine all the time. Me daisy wheel fell off my LBGE and broke. I really like this cap.
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 4,501
    I only use the stock dfmt when doing low and slow. Daisyless otherwise
  • That's cool. I made one with some vent cap at Home Depot. Have it on right now because it's raining here. Can you adjust the openings on that?
  • RRPRRP Posts: 20,006
    edited December 2013
    freduc2 said:
    Using my new cap on this rainy PA day. For those of you that have it, do you use it all the time? Or just when it's raining or snowing?
    I use mine all the time and have since May. I find it easier to micro adjust than the cast iron daisy, plus shut down is as good or better than using the ceramic cap besides!
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • captjocaptjo Posts: 89
    All the time, love it!
    Bristow, VA
    1 Lrg & 1 XL
  • I've made one cook with mine so far and really like it. A little learning curve after using dfmt for the last couple of years but I plan on using it full time.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• QDudeQDude Posts: 649
    Use it every cook!

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

• BullibeBullibe Posts: 132
    Leave mine on all the time. I love it, looks sharp on top !
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama