Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

S'mores in a Cone

The mothership just posted this recipe in their Twitter feed:

I'm thinking this would be a lot of fun to do for my daughters Christmas morning.  Anyone ever try these?

"If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

Comments

• HicHic Posts: 350
    S'mores for breakfast?? I'll be there.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Had them last weekend.  I burned the bottoms of the cones.  Will go indirect next time at 350.  They were awesome.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• dlk7 said:
    Had them last weekend.  I burned the bottoms of the cones.  Will go indirect next time at 350.  They were awesome.
    Do you have one of those pepper holders?  I don't, and am wondering if I could simply rest these things on top of the pizza stone.  I guess I could also lean them against a rib rack or something.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,820
    I have done them using the Keebler mini graham pie crust:

They turned out really good as well.  I used Godiva chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.  I put some chips in the bottom and let them get a little melty, then added the marshmallows and a few more chips.  High in the dome and they browned up nicely.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    dlk7 said:
    Do you have one of those pepper holders?  I don't, and am wondering if I could simply rest these things on top of the pizza stone.  I guess I could also lean them against a rib rack or something.
    I do use the pepper holder.  Works really well.   If you let them go too long just on the pizza stone they may leak out and burn.  I think you need something to hold them up.  I put some chocolate in the bottom of the cone and then smashed a medium marshmellow between two pieces of Hershey's chocolate bar and pushed into the cone.  The kids loved them.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• dlk7 said:
    I do use the pepper holder.  Works really well.   If you let them go too long just on the pizza stone they may leak out and burn.  I think you need something to hold them up.  I put some chocolate in the bottom of the cone and then smashed a medium marshmellow between two pieces of Hershey's chocolate bar and pushed into the cone.  The kids loved them.
    Thanks.  Oh yeah, I can't imagine the kids not loving these.  

Just a thought- maybe take a foil pan and cut holes in the top for a cone holder.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

edited December 2013
    Of course by top...I mean inverted foil pan, so the bottom.  Like so...:)

• Of course by top...I mean inverted foil pan, so the bottom.  Like so...:)

I like it - good idea!

• We used mini-marshmellows and chocolate chips. Melts better. Yum! Also, +1 for how @smokeypitt did it. That's how we did it also.
    Chris
    Falls Church, VA
    Large & Mini
  • I did these a few weeks ago and they're awesome 15-20 minutes and kids love them....no mess either which is great
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 10,718
    made these on Thanksgiving for my niece since she's the s'mores lover. Surprisingly, SWMBO was the biggest fan of these!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,836
    Like I tell all my friends and family...you can do it on the BGE. :-D
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,547
    i'm down for a batch of those as well... maybe sub some peanut butter cups in a few, for some variety. 
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 576
    Do a clean burn before you make them.  I'd done brisket before, and the sweet marshmallows took on a bit of a funky/smoky/creosotey flavor.   Also, I like the mini-marshmallow idea from Aloha.  I used jumbo marshmallows and they got much, much bigger.  I think mini marshmallows, or cutting up the regular mallows would keep them inside the cone a little easier.  You'll love them! 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Ive done em a few times...I do have a pepper holder but not the BGE one...knockoff from a big box hardware store...I think it was 10 bucks....kiddos love these
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • I"m planning on spending this week off perfecting these!

• I"m planning on spending this week off perfecting these!

You in Durham, NC?

• Thanks for the "heads up" Gotta try these for sure
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 7,945
    Did these back in mid summer. Mini marshmallows with chocolate chips in the popper holder. Granddaughter loved them.

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • These were a big hit!!

• we were moved to raleigh a few years ago.
    I"m planning on spending this week off perfecting these!

You in Durham, NC?