Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Semi OT - Dry aging at home

Options
Just ran across this fantastic article on home dry aging.  Covered a bunch of questions I had

http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/03/the-food-lab-complete-guide-to-dry-aging-beef-at-home.html

Pentwater, MI

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Good article, thanks! It pretty much reflects what I have experienced in dry aging. I never had a fan. I don't know how the author got the door to close with the cord across the door.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ShadowNick
    Options
    I think he notched a hole in the door gasket or whatever it's called.
    Pentwater, MI
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Don't know what Kenji knows about dry aging (because I know nothing about it), but he sure knows his stuff when it comes to pizza! :) He's also a really nice guy and will answer any questions you may have via email.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Options
    Don't know what Kenji knows about dry aging (because I know nothing about it), but he sure knows his stuff when it comes to pizza! :) He's also a really nice guy and will answer any questions you may have via email.
    Sure hope Ron doesn't see this thread. :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Dry. Wet. Whatever.  :))

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut