Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

anybody ever use sawdust in an Amaz-n-smoker ?

having the hardest time getting this thing going . I loaded it with some special Sawdust ( Manuka ) from New Zealand that the wife brought home but i cant get the thing started for the life of me . it keeps going out after a few minutes

Toronto

Comments

• grege345grege345 Posts: 3,512
    I use sawdust and only thing I can say is use your torch for 2min at least on each hole. Maybe the type of wood is holdin u back? Did you pack it loosely or tight. I usually put the sawdust in give it a few smacks and put some more in. Never had a problem with cherry,hickory,maple etc.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• grege345grege345 Posts: 3,512
    I've also heard of people drying out pellets in either the microwave or the oven. Not sure which
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,191
    thanks !!

Toronto