Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Starter and stoker question

Options
So my dad has a large egg. Long story short he hasn't used it much as it takes too long for him to get up to temp. he also hasn't used it much because he hasn't had the practice of getting the temp stable.

All this in mind, he needs something simple to start it quick and stabilize the temp. What says the family of egg users? Looflighter? Mapp torch? Stoker wifi? Cyber q?

I think he would love something that has an app to adjust temps

Thanks for the input

Comments

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    Mapp gas torch as far as the CyberQ goes I bought one and not for the life of me could I get it to function with my iPhone or my laptop I spent about total 61/2 to 7 hours playing with it got frustrated and sent it back in exchange for the DigiQ DX2 which I have had all along I got a 2nd Egg and wanted a 2nd controller I thouhgt that being that it was WIFI compatible  it would be nice not haveing to get out of bed to see whats going on with the Egg but I found that I could not operate  it 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Dad need practice more than gadgets. IMO

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

Which fire does he have challenges with? Low and slow for long cooks, grilling or turbo style?

I light each differently.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    @Smitty, I don't disagree with you. I think honestly he would do well with a Traeger or something as it is flipping a switch and you are done. Trying to get him to use it more and hoping the skills will come
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Spend time with him just adjusting temps.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN