Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Magic Mini Moments VII - The Movie

Options
Once again the Mini Egg proved its magical powers in the hands of their Master.

And it just keeps getting better.

With Christmas coming up soon, a Mini would be a great gift.

Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DIshWuRLE

Spring "The Magic Continues" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Options
    Spring Chicken  - I love watching these videos! If I am not being to presumptuous, how do we send you pics for the next installment?

Maybe someone can chime in on what the setup is for the pork shoulder at 1:05? I see a pizza stone as a heat deflector, but it looks like the grid is higher than the standard Woo would put it... How they do that?

Thanks,
    Josh
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• Hoov
    Hoov Posts: 264
    Options
    Nice video, thanks for posting.
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
  • Spring Chicken
    Options

I'm glad you enjoy watching the videos.  I too like watching them.  It reminds us that Magic is real and its wrapped in a little green ceramic smoker/grill.

When I see a photo of something being cooked on the Mini Egg, I save it to a folder for the next Magic Mini Moments video.  So all you have to do is post your photos and if I'm on my toes, I'll capture the photos and take it from there.

But a lot of people are taking photos with their mobile phones these days.  No matter how good the phone, it still isn't a camera. So I have to pass on a lot of good photos because they are too blurry for me to correct.  What a shame too.  Some are great shots but just not good enough quality to show on YouTube.

Spring "Capturing The Good Moments" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    My Lumia 1020 takes better quality photos than any point and shoot I have owned. Nice video by the way thanks for putting these together.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options

Thanks.  Not everyone has a Lumia 1020, or even a recently improved mobile phone with a camera..  In fact, I still have my first generation iphone.  It takes pictures when I need it to.  And video.  And sometimes rings.  So I'm happy.

Then there's the matter of knowing how to take photos.  Some people don't have a clue as to what they should do to avoid a blurry photo, even with high quality camera, but especially a mobile device that has many functions other than photography. 

I'm sure to see many more great photos that have to be tossed.

Spring "Is It Me Or Is The World Fuzzy Today" Chicken

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    As always,  great inspiration for things to cook on a mini.  And i think that's me at 1:07 with my  wok ring woo! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    One major factor to get on Chickens "Mini's Gone Wild" is a Mini. The Salado EggFest will give 4 Minis away March 15th. FREE!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    And the yeti?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Thanks, I always enjoys these.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Another great Mini Movie. Thanks for all your hard work, SC.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings