Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

OT Does anybody just love listening to turkey horror stories?

Not necessarily the complicated ones .. the turkey fryer that exploded and launched the turkey onto the neighbor's roof ... 

No, the simple ones .. So I didn't realize my turkey didn't have one of those "idiot proof plastic temperature gauges"  so I remembered the guy said cook it to 180,  took a guess and cooked for 7.5 hours at 450 .. I was going to text you.  It was pretty dry but I made a gravy from the pan drippings.

Anybody have any winners in either category?  I love them..

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 13,802
    No, but Saturday I was in the car listening to NPR and heard a horror story of an attack turkey that was terrorizing a neighborhood out East. It finally it took 2 policemen firing 5 40 cal bullets to stop the "beast" which kept viciously attacking them even after being mortally wounded from the first or second shot!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL