Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT Does anybody just love listening to turkey horror stories?

Not necessarily the complicated ones .. the turkey fryer that exploded and launched the turkey onto the neighbor's roof ... 

No, the simple ones .. So I didn't realize my turkey didn't have one of those "idiot proof plastic temperature gauges"  so I remembered the guy said cook it to 180,  took a guess and cooked for 7.5 hours at 450 .. I was going to text you.  It was pretty dry but I made a gravy from the pan drippings.

Anybody have any winners in either category?  I love them..

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 21,810
    No, but Saturday I was in the car listening to NPR and heard a horror story of an attack turkey that was terrorizing a neighborhood out East. It finally it took 2 policemen firing 5 40 cal bullets to stop the "beast" which kept viciously attacking them even after being mortally wounded from the first or second shot!
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!