Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

All freshened up!

After trying to get the rust off my cast iron griddle I found away to make it less labor-intensive. The abrasive wheel that we use to take off the old gasket when we replace it with a higher end gasket from the egg was used. It's called the 3M paint stripper abrasive wheel. As most of you know you put this into a drill and have fun. After about five minutes I had both sides of my griddle sparkling like new! All the rust was gone and now I'm about to Reseason my griddle so I can use it again tonight. After seeing what an awesome job it did, I went ahead and used it on the factory stainless steel rack. It took all the gunk off and it's shining like new. I don't see any bad things happening by going this route it sure beats scrubbing for 20 or 30 minutes with the Brillo pad.