Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ThermoWorks TW8060 vs Maverick ET-73

2»

Comments

• I work for a large consumer food manufacturer and if we receive a complaint from a customer, it is standard procedure to assume that there are at least 9 or more people out there that did not enter a complaint about our product.  When we get 500 complaints sent in, you better believe that dung hits the air circulator and someone had best come up with an answer soon.  Without this feedback, the manufacturer cannot address problems it is unaware of.  Tell them about it.  Our company fixes the problem and usually sends an acknowledgement and something to redress the consumers' issue.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • stlcharcoal,  I don't really care what you think I am entitled to, but last I checked, I live in a free country where my freedom of speech is protected.  Everything I said was true and pertinent, as the OP was asking for opinions.  You don't like my opinion, fine, but to say I am "inflicting unfair punishment" is laughable.  

You are also insinuating that I have made no effort to "give them a chance".  I've returned one unit already because it was defective, they replaced it without question, they've also replaced probes for me and I've also bought a new set of probes giving them to benefit of the doubt that I didn't use them properly.   I've since followed their every advice on how to use and protect the probes, and yet again they aren't working.  So now they say, "well it must be the unit, send it back and we'll test it out."   

As a business owner, surely you do understand that your customers' patience will wear thin if your product consistently let's them down and they will search for their goods elsewhere.  How long do you expect your customers to give you a chance?

"Throw it away and stop complaining"?  The OP was asking for an opinion!  Should I just shut up and let him make what I think (also known as an OPINION) is a mistake to purchase the ET-732?   Do you think he would rather not have known of my troubles?  Do you think he posed his question merely to hear all sunshine and daisies about the Maverick product?  If that's what this board is all about, I need to know, because why would I trust the info here when getting only half the story.

I think your assessment is dead wrong.  

Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited November 2013
    @4Runner: I could have worded my response better - it sounds somewhat rude. When I said transmit, I meant wirelessly like the maverick.

The maverick et-732 can be used to monitor grid and meat temp without switching the  receiver on. With the receiver on, it has pretty good range. Beats bluetooth by  alot. IMO, if I was willing to spend some money, i would get a controller like the DigiQ, since then I wouldn't mind so much that it didn't transmit temps wirelessly. It would control the fire and temp accordingly. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    caliking said:
    @4Runner: I could have worded my response better - it sounds somewhat rude. When I said transmit, I meant wirelessly like the maverick.

&nbsp

No worries. I was just clarifying why it worked for me.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • I have the 732 and it works well. But seeing the 733 I'm wanting.
    Maverick is great for cold weather cooks like last night, had some chick breasts cooking -4C with winds wistlleing to -10C stayed nice and warm until meat probe beeped my done temp.
    Brampton, Ontario