Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Surprise Spider and Ribeyes

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,029
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
My wife asked what I wanted for my birthday.  I said a steak for the egg and nothing else.  Next thing you know my birthday is here and there are presents! X( I opened the first gift and it was 4 - 1lb+ sized ribeyes!  Perfect gift.  She said that she had another present to go with the ribeyes.   So I open the box and to my surprise I see a spider!  I had to ask how she knew about the spider.   She said that I mentioned it in a conversation we had in the past and that she looked it up on the forum.  We guys are such good talkers and listeners we never forget a thing. :))  If that wasn't enough she buys us tickets for George Straits Ride Away tour for a show down in Des Moines.  It came down to Ice Fest (BGE winter weekend get together in northerm MN) vs. George Strait very last Minnesota show this past February.  Couldn't do both being the same weekend.   Ice Fest won but really wished we could have done both but wasn't possible.   She said we have to see his concert being his last full tour.  Will be a super fun road trip and a great concert.  So much for no presents. [-(   

Tossed a New York strip in the beer fridge to dry age.  Did one for my Dad last year for Christmas and he emailed me after every steak raving about them.  Figured I'd do another one for him this Christmas. 

Took some pic's (Steak - T○Rex method) along the way:
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Score on the gifts and nice looking finished product there! Enjoy the concert, he's a class act.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Great Wife! Great Gifts, and Great looking Food

Oh and Happy Birthday!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @DMW
    Thanks! I'm excited for the concert. I know I would be kicking myself when looking back years from now and knowing I had a chance to see him live.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @SmokinDAWG82
    Thank you!

Minnesota
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    That will be a great show @Weberwho! You've got a good woman there. Happy Birthday.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @minniemoh
    Thank you! Really was hoping for a couple steaks for the egg. I couldn't believe the spider she picked up and then the tickets. I told her that the tickets were my Christmas present. I doubt she will listen. I'm super excited for the show. 4 months away but who's counting? :))

Minnesota