Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Food Saver for Left Overs vs Pre-Cooked?

For those that have/use food savers, do you mainly use them for bulk purchases or do you use them for left overs as well? I have been intrigued by some of the posts regarding food savers, but think we would gain more from using for left overs. That being said, if being used for raw meat, can I assume you can use them for anything...i.e. chicken breasts from the grocery store?

• I will be getting one tonight or tomorrow but I planned to use it for both leftovers and for precook bulk buys...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,829
    Use mine for both.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,946
    I do mainly leftovers. Saving 24 lbs of pork butt for friends today... 8 tomorrow. Great for marinating also. Get several different size bags.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,267
    I like getting the rolls of bag material so I can cut them to fit however I need them.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,946
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,472
    I use it for both. With just the two of us I need it for the bulk buys at Costco. We also try to take advantage of sales. I have cooked sliced turkey, chicken, ham and pork in the freezer. It's a good thing and pays for itself in the long run. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • I have used one for years for both left overs and bulk. We go to the beach every year and I pre cook everything for the week and then just drop what we want in hot water and it tastes just like it came off the grill or out of the egg.
    Easley SC Go! Tigers
  • I agree with Henapple, but then I always do

Caledon, ON