Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What will you NOT eat?

Options

Comments

• Cymbaline65
    Options
    Offal. Yeah, can't eat it and the name alone says it all.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    DMW said:
    Which DP rub do you like on liver?

Toss in EVOO then DP Swamp Venom.

Sometimes I will do a bunch of livers and then make pâté

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• milesofsmiles
    Options
    McLiver & onions.
  • ChuckChampion
    Options

I dont eat anything thats good for me basically.  Almost no fruits or veggies.  I really can't stand lettuce, tomato, and onion.  I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy!

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    TUTTLE871 said:

DMW said:

Toss in EVOO then DP Swamp Venom.

Sometimes I will do a bunch of livers and then make pâté

You should a little bit of liver on an ABT!! Jalapeño, cream cheese, cilantro, chicken liver all wrapped up in bacon. Pure Awesomeness. Oh and Swamp Venom mixed in the cheese.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Gezr said:
    Veal, for purely philosophical reasons. I've seen how it is raised and I don't like the confinement treatment.
    That's only white or provimi veal. Red veal calves run around.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    No internal organs, raw fish, or onions.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

Mayonnaise out of a jar and organs (except for beef bone marrow if you consider that an organ.  I don't, I consider it awesomeness). 

Nah, it's a tissue. But it is awesome. It's where hematopoiesis happens.

I don't know what that is but it sounds like something you'd catch in an Austin hipster bar... While drinking a PBR.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Gezr said:
    Veal, for purely philosophical reasons. I've seen how it is raised and I don't like the confinement treatment.
    That's only white or provimi veal. Red veal calves run around.
    That's less than 5% of the market in the US and incredibly hard to find. Probably the only way I'd eat it.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    so do the red veals taste as good as the white and provimi
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I like red better, way more flavour. Gotta tenderise some cuts. Harder to find white here than red.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Options

I like red better, way more flavour. Gotta tenderise some cuts. Harder to find white here than red.

I've never seen it in a store. Only way I can find online is individual farmers.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    henapple said:

Mayonnaise out of a jar and organs (except for beef bone marrow if you consider that an organ.  I don't, I consider it awesomeness). 

Nah, it's a tissue. But it is awesome. It's where hematopoiesis happens.
    I don't know what that is but it sounds like something you'd catch in an Austin hipster bar... While drinking a PBR.

If it didn't occur, you'd die from most things you catch in that hipster bar. Like bearded syphilis.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's not hard to find white here but there is always red around. I know it's cruel treatment but what would be the option for male dairy cattle that aren't breeding stock?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Options

It's not hard to find white here but there is always red around. I know it's cruel treatment but what would be the option for male dairy cattle that aren't breeding stock?

They are immediately put down rather than exposed to what some consider cruel and inhumane.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Jello-always thought of it as "eating air" so I have avoided it even as adult "shots". 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • stevesails
    Options
    Cottage cheese. No way
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Cymbaline65
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Jello-always thought of it as "eating air" so I have avoided it even as adult "shots". 
    Jello shooters, maybe. Otherwise, I agree.
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Liver, cottage cheese (What is that stuff anyways), yogurt (sour junk IMO), Green beans are borderline,

Garnerville, NY
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Frog legs. Yuk!

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    robnybbq said:
    Liver, cottage cheese (What is that stuff anyways), yogurt (sour junk IMO), Green beans are borderline,
    Unripened cheese curd byproduct. Ricotta is unripened whey byproduct. 
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    edited November 2013
    Options

DMW said:
    TUTTLE871 said:
    I love liver, my wife calls it my little treat before dinner when I snatch a chicken and throw the liver on with some dizzy pig. 
    SO TASTY!
    One of my favorites is if I had a hard day of consuming alcoholic beverages I will get fried chicken livers the next day. It replenishes my liver and I'm a new person.

Now Tripe is something I will not get near

Not a big liver fan, but thinking dizzy gourmet cosmic cow or simply zensational.

For foods to avoid, I draw the line at the digestive system. Anything that is used to digest food, I don't want to have to digest.

Love this conversation. Cool to hear the different foods people avoid. Some people won't eat mushrooms but it is one of my favorite things to eat. 

I am very much game for eating bugs. But not had a confident chef prepare them for me yet.
    Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cymbaline65
    Options
    I always ask any dinner guests ahead of time about dislikes and allergies before they come over. The usual suspects are easy to manage to, but when it's something really pedestrian (basic staple veggies usually), then one must get creative...or just grill a chicken breast for them and call it a day.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Okra? You need to eat it fried. @Aviator.. Frog legs are awesome. I can't think of anything I wouldn't try. I hated turnip greens as a kid... Now I love them.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Water chestnuts don't like me. Cauliflower turns me into a WMD. I'm not sure a gas mask would save you!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Water chestnuts don't like me. Cauliflower turns me into a WMD. I'm not sure a gas mask would save you!
    Fat Man or Little Boy?
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Liver is the only thing that comes up faster than it goes down.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    Liver, pigs feet, mountain oysters, chitlins( how ever you spell it)
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Options
    I'll try anything once .. I'll even eat @Griffin 's shark.. Bordain also ate Ortolan - some single bite French baby bird.. I'm out on that ..and there is another baby bird preparation.. right out of the egg .. it basically keeps the egg from before you pop it in.. pass
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Fat Man or Little Boy?

Well, I am fat, so I'll go with Fat Man.
    Flint, Michigan