Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First bacon success. Thanks cen-tex!

yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
First time doing bacon. It was delicious and will be doing this often. Thanks cen-tex for all your help. Amaze-n smoker worked like a charm. I love that little thing.
Dunedin, FL
IMAG2303.jpg 923.7K
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    I smoked 6lbs Saturday... Sealed for 7 days. Glad it worked out for you.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Looks great!  Welcome to the Makin Bacon club!
    Simi Valley, California
    ·
  • HoovHoov Posts: 256
    Very cool!
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
    ·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 521
    edited November 2013
    Looks great!!! Was forced to eat store bought last weekend. The poor people who haven't been unplugged from the Matrix yet. I've done about 20lbs so far and it's always been great. Next time I must try the cold smoking method.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Sliced it all up (by hand) wish I had a slicer.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
    Forgot the picture image
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    Looks good the end pieces are my favorite
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 5,925
    @yzzi Nice job, my curing salt just arrived last week. I need to call around to some butchers and see when they get their pork bellies in and get a fresh one as soon as my schedule will allow for it. 
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
  • I have 12 lbs ready to smoke as we speak. you will never enjoy storebought the same way again.

·
    DMW said:
    @yzzi Nice job, my curing salt just arrived last week. I need to call around to some butchers and see when they get their pork bellies in and get a fresh one as soon as my schedule will allow for it. 
    Well, you're not far from Hatfield, so I'm sure there's plenty of fresh ones year round.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 573
    edited November 2013

@yzzi looks great.  How many hours did you smoke and what wood?  Oh and be careful you'll be scouting Craigslist for gently used slicers to support this new hobby!

@henapple - how important do you find the 7 day wrap?  what does it improve?  How many hours are you smoking yours?

Large BGE

·
    I used the PitMaster blend pellets from Amaze-n, but I'll be buying a bag of traeger apple pellets I think next time. Yes, I already started checking on craiglist  :\">
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • Looks great. I am going to try bacon soon.
    ·