Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is/was your longest cook?

Options
I put a butt on at 10p Friday night...added a brisket at 11a Saturday and once I removed the butt at 4p I added chicken. The heat started to fail - 225 was max output with all vents open - around 5p. Removed brisket at 7p and finally chicken at 830p. 23.5 hours
Charlotte, nc

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Holy moly! Lbge or xl?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    My first ever post on this forum - 30 pounds of pork butt, 225 degree dome for 29 hours.  I now go turbo and it takes about 6 - 8 hours.  
    Options
    Large....gave me a chance to completely remove and clean all soot from inside since there were no large pieces of fuel left.
    Charlotte, nc
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I am finishing my longest cook now. Put 43 pounds of shoulder on around 7 last night then put a 11 pound brisket above them just before 10 and did them at 225. Had to kick the temp to 275 this afternoon so they would finish. Pulled the brisket off a couple hours ago and cube the point and its still on. Just pulled the last 2 shoulders off and the points coming off soon. Total about 27 hours.
  • travisstrick
    Options
    During a competition, I went 32 hrs on an 8.8lb bag of lump. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.