Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spicy Mesquite Legs

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,330
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
No big photo essay this time.  Legs well marinated in Allegro Hot & Spicy and cooked direct with mesquite wood.  Pretty darned spicy
>:)
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,568
    I bought some of the Allegro after seeing you use it so often. It's really good on chicken. Thanks for the rec.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • Hi54putty said:
    I bought some of the Allegro after seeing you use it so often. It's really good on chicken. Thanks for the rec.
    It really has a place with chicken legs and "London Broil".
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,797
    I'm going to try Allegra if it's that spicy. The chicken looks good.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,636
    Nice looking legs there. I have always avoided mesquite with poultry, thought it would be too much. Might have to give it a try...
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,295
    Nice lookin legs!! :D
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • caliking said:
    I'm going to try Allegra if it's that spicy. The chicken looks good.
    These were marinated 48 hours.  It does have a kick, but these were stronger than usual.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,818
    Might have to look online for a source...
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,194
    @hapster, do you have a Harris teeter nearby? They carry it in the sauce section, along with Bone Sucking Sauce. I have 3 bottles I need to do something with.

@doc_eggerton, what is the average time you marinate them(12-24-48) Does the heat level increase with longer times? I know you did 48 this go around but do you normally do overnight?
    ·
  • hapster said:
    Might have to look online for a source...
    This thread has strayed a little, but my opinion is , Allegro Hot & Spicy for chicken (especially legs), and tougher cuts of beef, Yoshida's Teriyaki for any chicken, turkey thighs, and less expensive beef, Dichickos Garlic for wings and pork.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • Turkey
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • @hapster, do you have a Harris teeter nearby? They carry it in the sauce section, along with Bone Sucking Sauce. I have 3 bottles I need to do something with. @doc_eggerton, what is the average time you marinate them(12-24-48) Does the heat level increase with longer times? I know you did 48 this go around but do you normally do overnight?
    I marinate everything at least 24 hours.  The legs were an interrupted cook and went 48 hours.  They were good, and a good deal hotter than normal.  Only negative I have ever had for long marinades was chicken breasts marinated in Italian dressing.  They were too Italian dressing
    :))
    Pasquali Luciano

·