Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Blasphemy I know, but Weber Q mod

JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 2,601
Forgive my for discussing another grill and a gasser at that but I wanted to follow up on some comment that I discussed with someone (I forget who) a while back. He was wondering about a cheap tailgating grill and I mentioned my weber q 120. I said though that the gas orifices were too small and i thought about drilling them out. Well I did. I used a 1/16 drill but and did every other one. It seems to have worked in providing a hotter grill. We'll see later when the food goes on!
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
image.jpg 995.8K
·

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,627
    That was probably on a thread that I started a while back. Thanks for following up on this. Let us know how it cooks. I'm also curious how fast it goes through gas. Most portable gas grills use the 1 pound propane tanks and I suspect that your modification may increase the rate at which you burn through propane.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·