Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Blasphemy I know, but Weber Q mod

JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 2,923
Forgive my for discussing another grill and a gasser at that but I wanted to follow up on some comment that I discussed with someone (I forget who) a while back. He was wondering about a cheap tailgating grill and I mentioned my weber q 120. I said though that the gas orifices were too small and i thought about drilling them out. Well I did. I used a 1/16 drill but and did every other one. It seems to have worked in providing a hotter grill. We'll see later when the food goes on!
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
image.jpg 995.8K

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,771
    That was probably on a thread that I started a while back. Thanks for following up on this. Let us know how it cooks. I'm also curious how fast it goes through gas. Most portable gas grills use the 1 pound propane tanks and I suspect that your modification may increase the rate at which you burn through propane.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX