Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blasphemy I know, but Weber Q mod

Jeremiah
Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
Forgive my for discussing another grill and a gasser at that but I wanted to follow up on some comment that I discussed with someone (I forget who) a while back. He was wondering about a cheap tailgating grill and I mentioned my weber q 120. I said though that the gas orifices were too small and i thought about drilling them out. Well I did. I used a 1/16 drill but and did every other one. It seems to have worked in providing a hotter grill. We'll see later when the food goes on!
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    That was probably on a thread that I started a while back. Thanks for following up on this. Let us know how it cooks. I'm also curious how fast it goes through gas. Most portable gas grills use the 1 pound propane tanks and I suspect that your modification may increase the rate at which you burn through propane.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX