Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: Deer cooler

So what size cooler, yeti, pelican, brute, do you guys use? I'm in need of a "high" performance cooler to pack out a deer. Is 40-60 ok? Or go bigger?

XLBGE 

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,898
    You and what two guys is going to carry a yeti 60 full =D>
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Don't know, but if your luck is anything like mine, you're going to drop all this cash on fancy cooler and never see a deer to put in it. Roadkill....
    Dunedin, FL
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 3,125
    @Mickey, you know that if you needed a full Yeti 60 to be moved in Salado you would have just strapped it to your pack mule, uh, er, @henapple ...

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• RaymontRaymont Posts: 467
    I've got the 45. It won't be big enough for what you need. When full, 1 man can move the 45 short distances. I'm thinking of selling the 45 and going with a 20/65 combo. 

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,221
    Foghorn said:

@Mickey, you know that if you needed a full Yeti 60 to be moved iny Salado you would have just strapped it to your pack mule, uh, er, @henapple ...

I'd be pimp slapped for only carrying 60lbs.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 3,125
    Actually I think it is 60 quarts plus the weight of the cooler. It's right in your wheelhouse.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• A 25-30 lbs cooler with one dressed doe couldn't weigh more than 100 lbs.

I just don't know if anyone used a yeti for this and had experience.

XLBGE 
  • yzzi said:

Don't know, but if your luck is anything like mine, you're going to drop all this cash on fancy cooler and never see a deer to put in it. Roadkill....

That is a key part to the plan 8-}

XLBGE