Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st try at Tri Tip

69BBQcrew
69BBQcrew Posts: 12
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
Came out pretty good. Seasoned with salt and pepper and fresh garlic. Cooked 325 direct for 1 hr pulled @ 135 degrees.
LBGE 2013
Weber Genesis series 

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    Looks damn good to me!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• nice looking piece of beef.  I did one like that on my Mini last week.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Nice... I've yet to do one.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    henapple said:
    Nice... I've yet to do one.

henapple IMHO they're over rated. I think it's the mystery by those who haven't had them.  Don't get me wrong I have one in the freezer right now and I probably cook two a month but I'd much rather have a rib roast. They have good flavor but they're far from a tender cut. They go on sale regularly for about 4 bucks a pound and I'll send you one if you want PM me. I have a sister in law that's from Prince Edward Island and she tells about being embarrassed about having lobster for their school lunch. I guess it's a regional thing.

Tim in SoCal 

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser