I saw the method for smoking a brisket the @The_Centex_Smoker
way (below) had a few questions:
1) do you only do the rub? No injection?
2) how long before putting it on the Egg do you do the rub? Overnight?
3) Oak chunks - multiple times during the cook or only at the beginning?
4) is this on a raised grid or right at middle?
5) assuming drip pan...any liquid in the pan?
6) fat side down - correct?
7) I assume this is a whole packer and not just flat?
Fancy (or not fancy) choice brisket
All hard fat removed, fat cap trimmed to 1/8"
Bad Byron's (full coverage but do not double up with Bad Byron's- it can be salty if overdone)
250 dome (17 hours for 9 lbs once trimmed up)
I used Ozark Oak and more importantly- OAK CHUNKS (6 or 8)
Oak makes the difference with brisket. If you haven't tried it, do that next.
I didn't use any thermos this cook (other than the dome). I checked with thermapen in the AM and pulled when it read 195-208 internal depending on where you stuck it. It felt right, so I pulled it.
Wrapped in butcher paper, 2 layers of foil, lots of towels and put in a cooler.