Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous Vide OT

Options
So alot going on in my kitchen tonight with the "Chicken in the pot recipe" and trying to sous vide some chiken thighs with a new sous vide machine and a new food saver.

I browned the chicken for the pot and set it off to the oven for the duration and focused on sealing the thighs for the sous vide. 
Read that i need to cook poultry dark meat at 176 i think for it to be done so i set it and let go for the time allotted. I pulled them out after timer went off and noticed all three bags lost seal somewhere and let all the water and juices mix so all got trashed and i was pretty aggervated at this point. I read on NomNom paleo where she started using an alternative bag because of leaching with the plastics and such but its not the same with holding the flavor in without vacuuming, but it is safer and doesnt leak either. 

This is the link to those bags and they seem pretty all purpose for many things so ill be trying one out soon. I am wondering thought why my bags leaked.... did i heat them to high at 176? not sure here.. Thanks in advance for the insight. 

Beaufort, SC

Comments