Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's Rib Night at the Tiki Bar!

Options
FearlessTheEggNoob
FearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 888
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
I'm really starting to get the hang of this rib stuff.

Both dry rub style no sauce, just under 5 hours no foil or flip. Rufus Teague over worcestershire on the left, Rub Some Butt over Grey Poupon on the right.
I thought the bark looked a little crusty so I brushed it with melted butter for the last 15 min.
Gittin' there...

Comments

• Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Options
    Looks great!!!!!!!!!!! Have to do ribs this weekend. Thanks for Pics and what you used.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    I love the set up. I'm a firm believer in ribs down meat up only. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Looks great. You a parrot head?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    CPARKTX said:
    Sure, why not. I like Jimmy Buffet. But I'm actually more of a Hair Metal Band kinda guy.
    Gittin' there...
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    CPARKTX said:
    Sure, why not. I like Jimmy Buffet. But I'm actually more of a Hair Metal Band kinda guy.
    What dome or grate temp did you cook at?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Ribs look great! More pics of the tiki bar please.. looks like a fun place :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    FearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 888
    edited November 2013
    Options
    My BBQ Guru had it locked in at 250 grid the whole time. I used the plate setter for indirect. I did notice that the thinner rack was ever-so-slightly dry for my preference so the thicker rack on the right was the winner of the two. Bear in mind that I personally am not a fan of bark, and not a fan of fall off the bone either. I'm looking for a perfect sweet spot between the two.

If I would have been served either of these racks at a BBQ joint I would have been very pleased. However I think I can do better. Next time I am going to try to match the rib thicknesses, and see what a 3 - 1 - .5 foiling method will get me.
    Gittin' there...