Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner last night: Cornish hen

Didn't get around to posting last night. I had a hen defrosting and decided to cook it for dinner yesterday. A friend of mine gave me a new rub to try, so I gave it a shot on this cook. Pictures are a little blurry due to lighting and my superior photography skills!

The rub (I had never heard of it before yesterday):

On the Egg with some broccoli in the foil pouch:

Plated with mashed potatoes and broccoli:

Thanks for reading!
- Proud owner of a Large BGE
- Norman, OK

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    How was the rub? Love cornish game hens. Not sure why we (and everybody else) don' tmake them more often.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Hoov
    Hoov Posts: 264
    It was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm not sure if you are familiar with head country, but it's big in Oklahoma. In my opinion, this rub tasted similar to theirs, but wasn't as sweet. SWMBO thought it tasted like Lawry's season salt. The guy who gave it to me said it was from a barbecue place in Okmulgee that is no longer open.

Cornish hens are great though and I should remember to do them more often!
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Looks good from here. I agree - they are the right size for  2 people and I like the way they turn out better than chicken sometimes. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Next time: bacon makes it better Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    So many of my cooks are last second decisions. The hens are always frozen at the store. I've been wanting to smoke some stuffed ones. Thanks for reminding me.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN