Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef Ribs.

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,953
    edited November 2013
    129 scares me a little.  All of the time/temperature charts I've seen have a lowest temperature for beef at 134.  I sous vide'd a roast once for 3 days, and when I took it out, the smell was incredible awful.  It turned me off of sous vide for a year or so.  I still don't know for sure what it was, but it was something very foul.  I suspect the temp was too low.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 4,065
    VI, did the foul odor happen to coincide with @Mickey showing up for dinner?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:
    VI, did the foul odor happen to coincide with @Mickey showing up for dinner?
    BINGO ! Problem solved !!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• calikingcaliking Posts: 8,297
    The coffee rub is the shiznit. I added extra cayenne to mine.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Well I've served myself quite liberally this afternoon but I don't see any pictures of this cook at all.
    Maybe my subscription ran out?
    Nowhere Indiana
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 533
    Wow, I'm worried about the temp now. I got this off the internet. Anyone else tried cooking ribs for 3 days at that temp?
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario