Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Saturday Night Cook

AcnAcn Posts: 2,474
So SWMBO and SWMBO Jr are in NC for the weekend. So that means I get to cook for myself while dealing with the 'Honey-do" list left for me. First step was to get in the right frame of mind for cleaning and egging.
I had a fairly thin ribeye, but it needed to be cooked by tomorrow so I got a good deal. Also wanted to try something different with a sweet potato. Ribeye was dusted with Jamaican Firewalk, sweet potato drizzled with olive oil and dusted with Raging River.
Sweet potatoes were cooked raised direct, ribeye cooked on the fire ring. I use the APL flip every 25-40 seconds method for thinner steaks.
Finally pics of the ribeye and sweet potato pulled and resting, a ribeye sliced and a plated shot. Thanks for looking!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

Comments

• dihtndihtn Posts: 229
    Very nice! How long did the sweet potatoes take?
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 7,949
    Looks a lot better than the ribeye I did tonight. Med and was still tough. Yours looks great!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • AcnAcn Posts: 2,474
    dihtn said:
    Very nice! How long did the sweet potatoes take?
    The sweet potatoes took 6-7 minutes per side.  I did have to move them around too, some spots of the fire were blackening them a little too quickly.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,983
    Nice steak
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • That's my kind of meal. Nice work on all of it.
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,351
     Your steak and sweet potatoes look great but how did you do the greens?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 10,734
    Looks good! And the wine selection was appropriate :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • AcnAcn Posts: 2,474
    td66snrf said:
     Your steak and sweet potatoes look great but how did you do the greens?
    I minced half an onion, probably 1/3 of a poblano pepper and 5 cloves of garlic.  I started with about 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in the pot and sauteed the onion, pepper and garlic until soft.  Then I dropped in the greens (prewashed kale from Trader Joe's) and about 1/2 cup apple cider.  Tossed it all together and then just turned the heat to low and let it cook down.  Hit it with a touch of red wine vinegar on the plate.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD