Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Shrimp and Crab Claw Fall dinner

Most of the day it was a beautiful Fall day.  Just as I went out to light the Egg, it started raining, so I got to use my new umbrella for the first time.  Best $32 I ever spent.  Plan was to steam the Snow Crab Claws with some lemon juice, but as I was getting them ready, realized I didn't get any lemons, and didn't even have one of the fake plastic ones in the fridge.  Time to get creative - had some Newman's Own Virgin Lemonade on hand, that I'd been mixing with the Tito's earlier as I cut the grass.  Claws went into a foil pan with some lemonade and butter, covered with foil and on to the Egg at 400 for about 8 minutes.  When they came off, shrimp (seasoned with melted butter and Lemon Herb seasoning) were grilled direct for a couple minutes until opaque. Both turned out great.

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,231
    Great audible-good thing you weren't too deep into the Titos. Looks like quite a banquet.
    Louisville
    ·
  • Titos is some good stuff. Looks like the crab and shrimp came out great out on the grill
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,359

Look's awesome!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·