Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ember's Pork Chops

Options
otter
otter Posts: 342
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
This is the recipe from the now closed Ember's Restaurant in Mt. Pleasant, MI. My wife's uncle owned it, Clarence Tuma. Have not made them on the egg yet, want to soon.
Pure Michigan
Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Interesting recipe. This really has the bejesus cooked out of it so I'm thinking it is either a very old recipe, when pork chops were extremely fatty or maybe a butt/shoulder/sirloin chop. With the tight cover it almost like a braise in a DO. 

Bet you could use the marinade with any pork cut including the more popular and lean tenderloin or loin. Indirect cook the marinated pork on the egg until an internal of 125ºF or so, then slather on the red sauce and let it glaze through the finish of <150º. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    Otter I just saw this. My wife and I loved the Embers. We went a number of times with a priest friend of ours who was at a parish in Mt.P for a few years Those pork chops were OUT OF THIS WORLD tender. Made them at home once or twice.But you can't beat the original.
    Was his son's name Jeff if I recall. 

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• mtasker
    mtasker Posts: 88
    Options
    being from Michigan and living in Alabama.  I use  to deliver to Embers, awhile back.  when I came across this recipe I had to bookmark it.  well finally  last night we made it for dinner.  awesome, awesome stuff.  will be making these chops again soon.  thanks for the recipe.