Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Ember's Pork Chops

otterotter Posts: 170
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
This is the recipe from the now closed Ember's Restaurant in Mt. Pleasant, MI. My wife's uncle owned it, Clarence Tuma. Have not made them on the egg yet, want to soon.
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M
Pure Michigan
Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE

Comments

• Interesting recipe. This really has the bejesus cooked out of it so I'm thinking it is either a very old recipe, when pork chops were extremely fatty or maybe a butt/shoulder/sirloin chop. With the tight cover it almost like a braise in a DO. 

Bet you could use the marinade with any pork cut including the more popular and lean tenderloin or loin. Indirect cook the marinated pork on the egg until an internal of 125ºF or so, then slather on the red sauce and let it glaze through the finish of <150º. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 480
    Otter I just saw this. My wife and I loved the Embers. We went a number of times with a priest friend of ours who was at a parish in Mt.P for a few years Those pork chops were OUT OF THIS WORLD tender. Made them at home once or twice.But you can't beat the original.
    Was his son's name Jeff if I recall. 

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI