Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: SBGE 4 Sale

Just tossed my small on craigslist.  I never use it and might buy a mini with the money.

Not giving it away so i'll see what happens

XLBGE 
·

Comments

• Where are you located?
    ·
  • Where are you located?
    MS

XLBGE 
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    How about a link?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,711
    @MCN-curious as to the drivers here regarding lack of use and the potential move to a mini.  I am always looking for the SBGE on CL (to pair with my LBGE) as I think it has much more range than the mini.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·

• _______________________________________________

XLBGE 
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,545
    I'd like a small to go with my XL, but would not want to deal with shipping from MS
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    I was just around there...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    MCN - don't know how you're doing in terms of buyers, but you may want to consider posting a pic or two with the ad. Might get more hits that way. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,611
    @mrcookingnurse
    It wasn't long ago that you loved that thing. I think we got them about the same time. Biggest complaint I have is cleaning out the ash. Terrible design.

I still use it about 50% of the time.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I love my small egg but I'm with Hi54putty, it's a **** to clean out.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,859
    +1 on the ash clean out. I use my small during the week for smaller simple cooks and most weekends I will have the large and small goin for cooks that have different temps.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • @MisterCookingNurse good luck with the sale but $575 seems a little high unless you can still offer the warranty. Just my two cents, I hope you get a grand for it.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,611
    I paid $500 for mine brand new from the dealer including the nest.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,859
    I would price the same way MCN has. If you want to sell but don't have to you can command that kind of asking price. If you don't sell you no loos but it is a big win if you can break even if you do find a buyer

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • @caliking

Thanks. I will.

XLBGE 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    shtgunal3 said:
    I love my small egg but I'm with Hi54putty, it's a **** to clean out.
    Easy enough to stick the shop vac nozzle in the large's intake, but its too big for the small's intake.

But I have an idea that might make cleaning out the small a bit easier. Still working on it.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • +1 on the shop vac comment. Makes it easy to keep clean
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    @caliking I'm tuned in, keep us informed.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·