Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse Seared Tri-Tip

Options
Got to use my Egg tonight for the first time in a few weeks and decided to do a tri-tip.

The dry rub was simply salt and Tone's garlic pepper seasoning in equal portions.  I tried an injection of cherry juice, beef base, and worcestershire sauce.

Egg set up was indirect (plate setter) at 250f.  I cooked it until it hit 127f internal and then pulled it to switch to direct.  It only took a few minutes to get the temp north of 500f  and I seared 90 seconds or so per side.

I let it rest for 10 minutes and then served it with baked potatoes and creamed spinach.  The flavor was great and it was tender as could be.  Not sure how much of that was due to the injection, but I wouldn't use it again anyway only because it left discolored marks everywhere I injected.   Notice the 3 brown marks on the top piece. 

It tasted wonderful and disappeared quickly. 
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This

Comments