Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What to cook with Peach wood smoke? Orange?

Came across both in the clearance isle at Publix. Any thoughts or suggestions on what to cook over either?
LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47

• Most southern BBQ competition cooks use peach wood.
    Live on beautiful Lake Hartwell GA
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,791
    The best steak I had was cooked over orange logs. Orange would also go well with chicken or fish. I would use peach with almost anything
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 8,316
    Orange wood has been available in Academy for the last 2 years or so. have not cooked much with it. Peach is one of my favorites though - couldn't find any for 2 years, but now Academy carries that as well. Woohoo!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Anything Hog related
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,426
    peach is good on chicken as well as pork.  or smoke some brats (johnsonville originals) at 250 with it