Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spatchcock!!

Wow!! Best yet on yardbird. Brined with sugar, cajun seasonings, garlic salt, salt, sugar, bay leaves, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Brined for about three hours. Rubbed with salt, pepper, cajun seasonings, and garlic salt. Absolutely amazing!!! Threw in two chunks of pecan to hit it with some smoke. Didn't want to over power it. Sweet potato casserole with bananas. Also had grilled asparagus. Very good meal. Can't wait to attempt this again. Yall have a great week!!
image.jpg 292.8K
image.jpg 223.9K
image.jpg 265.7K
image.jpg 296.7K
·

Comments

• jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,464
    Looks very good!  What temp did you cook at?
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,618
    Good for you. Sweet taters and bananas? That sound interesting does it have nuts as well, recipe?
    Have made sweet taters and marshmallows, very good, never bananas.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • seared it first. then cooked indirect at 400 sweet potato casserole: boil sweet potatoes, sauté bananas in brown sugar and butter, then deglaze with orange juice. toast pecans. mix sweet potatoes and bananas: add brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar. Put into a half pan: top with brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. i do everything by feel and taste so there is not an exact proportions.
    ·
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 2,970
    Looks great!  I enjoyed my first spatchcock experience last night.  Loved it! 

I will have to try the sear method first then indirect cooking after that. 
    Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomasville, NC - Large BGE (w/Nest) - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg)

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    ·