Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Brisket

dgoldbdgoldb Posts: 7
I'm cooking my first brisket--a 5 pounder from Costco. A couple of questions--1. My Maverick remote is reading a different temp that the one on the egg. Which one do I go with (trying to cook at 225). 2. After wrapping in tin foil, why are you supposed to put it in a cooler? and 3. Is it best to cook the brisket for a while wrapped in tin foil with some liquid--and what is the best liquid? 4. At what internal temp would I wrap it and put it back  on the egg?   Thanks for any help

Comments

• It's common for there to be a difference in the dome temp and the temp at the grid. When are you planning on eating? 225 is a 10 hour cook for a 5 lb brisket.

All the other questions you have will fall into place once I know that.

I'm not a big foil guy but many great Briskets have been foiled at some point