Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Daughter Ribeyes

Options
Made steaks for the daughter and her boyfriend.  Everyone had potatoes with them, I skipped that and just had asparagus.  Ate about half the steak and made up the rest for Monday lunch.  You guys see my cooks so you know what I eat.  Portion control and exercise; I am down 15 pounds at the moment and have gone from a size 40 to a size 38.  Trying for more.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• windsurfer
    Options
    One of my favorite peace of meat. Steaks look good.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Sounds like a great cook. 

And kudos for losing the weight - probably the single best thing you can do for your health in the long run. Have you seen the myfitnesspal app? its a really handy tool - SWMBO lost 40lbs so far (over the past 18months). I have been less disciplined and lost 10 lbs net.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    I love ribeyes; portion control with a good ribeye is sooooo hard.  Kudos to you for the discipline.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    Good on ya' Doc! I've managed to take off about 20 so far, after being told I was borderline diabetic (A1C of 5.7). Blood sugar's been averaging 110 for the last few months. The BGE has been helpful....really!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Cheers doc! I've got three inches to get my waist to match my inseam

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• duchunter
    duchunter Posts: 110
    Options

looks great Doc!! Just wondering what kind of holders you are using for the Asparagus?  

Egg Family: Large and Medium Eggs and a Bradley Smoker

• flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Options
    duchunter said:

looks great Doc!! Just wondering what kind of holders you are using for the Asparagus?  

+ 1.  Would love to know what they are.  makes it easy to turn them.. i am guessing...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Got the clips from Williams Sonoma.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    Great job Doc.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Cheers doc! I've got three inches to get my waist to match my inseam

I thought you were kinda skinny this summer. :D
    Flint, Michigan
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    My wife wears my 28" Army khaki pants.  I can't get my arm in the leg portion.   :((

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious