Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Roasted Pork Loin with Brussel Sprouts

It's a simple straight -up cook.  First I took some garlic and chopped it fine.  I added salt, pepper and rosemary and made a paste with it. 

I cut slits into the loin and stuffed the garlic rosemary paste into the slits. 

I tried to wrap the loin in a bacon weave, however I goofed when I listened to my inner cheapskate.  I bought the Spartan Store brand bacon for $3.65 and not the name brand.  I got part of a weave made, but the bacon I bought wouldn't peel off without breaking apart.  So I wrapped it as best as I could and tried it up with string.

Onto the egg it goes 350 degrees indirect.  First the brussel sprouts down low. 

And now the loin. 

I took the sprouts off earlier and kept them warm in the large box in the kitchen.  The loin is at 138 here so I pulled it.

After resting, the juices over flows the cutting board. 

Here's the money shot.

It was delicious!  Thank you for looking.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 6,772
    Great looking meal! I always do my sprouts direct; we like a little char on them :)
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,777
    That looks awesome! The sprouts done in bacon/pork drippings are making me drool. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,313
    edited October 2013
    hapster said:

Great looking meal! I always do my sprouts direct; we like a little char on them :)

Thanks! I didn't want to risk the bacon drippings catching fire. Do you cook the sprouts in a regular pan or one with holes in it?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,772

hapster said:

Thanks! I didn't want to risk the bacon drippings catching fire. Do you cook the sprouts in a regular pan or one with holes in it?
    I use the square wok pan with the holes... Also use it for my peppers and asparagus. I have a smaller version of it that I just tried earlier this week with the small red potatoes, worked great
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Looks good Freddie, even with the cheap bacon. I love me some pork loin.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • That looks delicious. Glad you were able to work around the bacon problem.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Looks good buddy! How hot did you cook. I like to do them at 250 or so.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·