Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More questions

Options
Ok, got the slicer today but haven't cooked anything to slice.... 2x4 lumber slices nice. Two questions. Can you freeze sliced meat? Could you seal turkey and reheat like pulled pork? Thanks.

Centex, I'm jealous. You got the Corvette, I got the Chevette. Story of my life.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    2x4 lumber slices nice.
    You don't need no stinking chop saw when you got a meat slicer.   
    :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    you can freeze it. I do that with turkey all the time. i'll save 4 oz servings of smoked bird and just warm in it hot water/SV to throw on salads or pastas

The corvette is running but needs some work. I'm guessing I'll have another $200-$300 in it when I'm done. I can tell you this- I'll never eat at the restaurant this thing came out of. DISGUSTING. We got it all cleaned up so it looks and runs great. There are a couple of stripped bolts that keep you from being able to clean it properly.....gross. We scoured it for an hour and food was coming out of every nook and cranny. you can get it clean but it takes forever without being able to take the bolts off.....so they didn't bother.

This thing will be a war horse when it's all done though. Motor and gears are in perfect shape. Everything else can be fixed.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker post photos of this Corvette please I would love to see it 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Here she is. Shined up nice but definitely needs a little work under the hood. Still a steal for $200. Motor and tranny run like a champ.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I freeze the stuff I slice up all the time. Now worries.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Thanks guys. I hate to slice 5lb of turkey and waste half of it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,750
    Options
    i think turkey would be fine, maybe not roast beef. ham, corned beef, and pastrami freezes well, so does canadian bacon, maybe the extra salt in those help. probably freeze more ham than anything for future cooks like green beans, pea soup, potato and ham au graten, colcannon with ham and kale etc. i like smoked ham added to things more than straight up
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Maybe just me, but I can freeze sliced meat (turkey, pork/ham and beef - never done chicken) in smaller almost personal size 4oz packages like CT notes and it works OK. When I tried to freeze a pound at a time the turkey would not thaw as slices, think you have to treat it with meat slime or something. The beef and pork was no problem, just the turkey. 
    Typically I just sliced it, bag it, freeze it, not sure what else to do to get it to thaw so it looks like turkey. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Well I did a test on roast beef I made and sliced. Broke into 2 packages, the package I left unopened in the fridge still was good 8-9 days later.
    I usually can work through my stuff in that time rather than freeze and kill what imo is the quality.
    Seattle, WA